2010 ANNUAL FORUM - PROGRAM TOPICS
The Forum will address the following topics by individual speaker presentations in
General Sessions and Breakout Learning Sessions, and during the
Roundtable Networking Discussions
- Assessing community needs: This session will focus on - health disparities. Explain
how-to identify, measure and describe community health disparities that can be addressed by Mobile
- Designing a prevention program: This session will focus on -- prevention. Explain how-to
develop prevention initiatives that are relevant to a target community, are appropriate for Mobile Healthcare,
and will address the disparities identified in the needs assessment.
- Developing inter-institutional (community) collaborations: This session will focus on -
community collaboration. Explain how-to identify other community-based organizations that relate to
your program's mission and how to establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Ensuring a consistent model of service delivery: This session will focus on - continuity of care.
Explain methods to optimize patient retention, ensure consistent service delivery, how-to create a referral
- Meeting the challenges of financial stability: This session will focus on-program sustainability.
Explain the many challenges of sustaining a mobile program-constantly changing funding opportunities,
serving disenfranchised cultures, dealing with government reimbursement regulations, appealing to a
broad base of funding resources, fee (or not) for service,
- Creating awareness and building program support: This session will focus on - political
advocacy and public partnerships. Explain the value and how-to of building program awareness
among healthcare policy-makers (federal, state, and local) and building the political will in support of your
- Marketing your program to your target populations: This session will focus on-successful
outreach to target populations. Explain how-to reach unique populations, understand their varied
cultures, foster their trust in the services you have to offer, and develop a reliable service schedule. Also,
explain how-to effectively implement your marketing plan to meet your program goals.
- Managing your program for disasters: This session will focus on - emergency preparedness &
response. Describe pre- and post-disaster assessment and describe how a Mobile Health program can
uniquely provide outreach and relief to victims. Reference pre-existing health disparities accentuated by
disasters and new disparities created by these same disasters. Address how your program integrates
with local, state, and nationwide ER programs.
- Maximizing the use of technology: This session will focus on - innovative applications of
technology in a mobile health environment. Explain how the use of technology (equipment and/or
software) enhances program productivity and outcomes.
- Changing the world with numbers: This session will focus on - research and academia. Mobile
healthcare looks different from the street, but without data to prove that, it is an opportunity lost. Explain
how to work with academic partners on research to capture the impact of non-traditional models of care,
such as mobile health clinics, and how they contribute to the health of our communities.